HB APA's innovative Music, Media and Entertainment Technology Department (MMET) will hold the eighth installment of the contemporary rock concert PLAYLIST. Known as Southern California’s “School of Rock,” the MMET Department encourages their students to write and perform original songs of their own: culminating in a performance of these songs at the annual PLAYLIST concert.
PLAYLIST is the purest distillation of our purpose and mission at APA. It is a souped-up support vehicle that transports students to creative places they could never reach on their own. It’s a big rock & roll festival show full of our students’ latest creative work in original music and film, paired with the best in contemporary music. Since PLAYLIST always seems to land on Valentine’s Day, we thought to lean into that as a theme. So bring your sweetie to see what the MMET kids have concocted in the eighth iteration of this classic concert. It will be exciting, full of discovery and hope, and probably equal measures of pleasure and pain...just like love.
- Starting Friday, February 14th, 2020, repeated every week on Friday and Saturday until Saturday, February 15, 2020 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Occurred Saturday, February 15th, 2020 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- FULL SPEED AHEAD: Age Appropriate Rehab Tough To Find
- 13 Arrested In Connection With Series Of Shootings In Long Beach
- Process Begins To Consider Rebuild Of Belmont Veterans Memorial Pier
- Santana Sailing Owner, Marc Hughston, Calls For Help Picking Up Mylar Balloons On Water
- Long Beach's Safe Parking Lot For Homeless To Open This Month
- Hepatitis A Outbreak Reported At 555 Restaurant In Downtown Long Beach
- BUSINESS BEAT: New On Greenbelt, LBX Additions, Pulp Fiction Moves
- Letter Attacks Eighth District Councilman Al Austin As Insensitive To Women As Election Nears
- Grunion Readers Join Press-Telegram To Determine Best In Long Beach
- Severe Allergies Lead Shore Couple To Open Noble Bird