The Catalina Island Museum presents the debut curation of Esther Williams: The Swimming Queen of the Silver Screen, an exhibition celebrating the dynamic life of the late Esther Williams. The exhibition, chronicling Williams’ dazzling life from humble swimmer to movie stardom as a major Hollywood celebrity, includes a collection of more than 70 items compiled from donations and family members’ personal collections.
More than half of the items from the collection will be on view to the public for the first time. Movie memorabilia and costumes, photography, video footage of her with her family and water ballet sequences from some of her most notable films will be displayed. Of particular interest is the glamorous gown worn by Williams in Jupiter’s Darling, on loan from the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising Museum (FIDM) of Los Angeles.
- Starting Friday, September 6th, 2019, repeats every day until Sunday, March 08, 2020 — all day
- 13 Arrested In Connection With Series Of Shootings In Long Beach
- Santana Sailing Owner, Marc Hughston, Calls For Help Picking Up Mylar Balloons On Water
- Process Begins To Consider Rebuild Of Belmont Veterans Memorial Pier
- Long Beach's Safe Parking Lot For Homeless To Open This Month
- Letter Attacks Eighth District Councilman Al Austin As Insensitive To Women As Election Nears
- Grunion Readers Join Press-Telegram To Determine Best In Long Beach
- Next Phase Of Bixby Park Renovation On Horizon
- Patrick O'Donnell Seeks Nominations Of Exceptional Women In Long Beach
- LBCC Alumnus Receives National Outstanding Alumni Award
- Hepatitis A Outbreak Reported At 555 Restaurant In Downtown Long Beach