"Our daughter learned more about drama in one week with SMP than in all the productions she's ever done - put together. We're absolutely ecstatic!" raves educator J. Dohr. "I am continuously impressed! The workshops and plays are structured so that every child can be successful!" raves B. Clough. Daily Variety calls it, "One of the best in the country!" No small parts - no playing the second tree or third spear carrier – no double or triple casting - every child receives a role written specifically for them, based on their creative input, highlighting their strengths and challenging them to excel in all theatre skills, including performance and stage technique, teamwork, self-confidence, creative expression and communication, projection and enunciation, as well as reading and language comprehension, theatre etiquette, and a true love of and appreciation for theatre arts. And small classes mean lots of personal attention for every member of the class.
Enrollment is open for the Spring session of this ever popular workshop program, now in its 51st year, a fun experience that helps students expand their imagination as they act, sing, dance, play theatre games, improvise, work with costumes and make-up, lighting and sound, sets and props, and perhaps best of all, collaborate with professional playwrights and directors to create an awesome fully staged original production with music, written just for them. No experience needed, but even the most advanced young actor will benefit from this workshop.
Classes meet weekly, Thursday afternoons (Feb 13-May 21) or Saturday mornings (Feb 15-May 23) – enrollment accepted through Feb 22. Ask about Spring Break and Summer Theatre Camps, the Summer Japan Theatre Adventure for ages 12 and up, and workshops for adults, too!
Playhouse conservatory alumni include Kate Hudson, Zooey Deschanel, Emily Deschanel, Jason Ritter, Jason Segel, Obi Ndefo, Shana Feste, Rina Mimoun, Cami Anderson (Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World) and Maroon 5's Mickey Madden, who calls the program "Great in so many ways!"
Thursdays, 4:00 to 6:30pm, February 13-May 21, 2020 (ages 7 to 12); Saturdays, 9:00 to 11:30am, February 15 – May 23, 2020 (ages 7 to 12). Enrollment accepted through February 22 – don’t worry if you miss the deadline – there are great Spring Break and Summer sessions, too!
- Thu, Feb 20 @ 4:00 pm
- Sat, Feb 22 @ 9:00 am
- Thu, Feb 27 @ 4:00 pm
- Sat, Feb 29 @ 9:00 am
- Thu, Mar 5 @ 4:00 pm
- Sat, Mar 7 @ 9:00 am
- Thu, Mar 12 @ 4:00 pm
- Sat, Mar 14 @ 9:00 am
- Thu, Mar 19 @ 4:00 pm
- Sat, Mar 21 @ 9:00 am
- Thu, Mar 26 @ 4:00 pm
- Sat, Mar 28 @ 9:00 am
- Thu, Apr 2 @ 4:00 pm
- Sat, Apr 4 @ 9:00 am
- Starting Thursday, February 13th, 2020, repeats every week on Thursday until Thursday, May 21, 2020 @ 4:00 pm – 6:30 pm
- Starting Saturday, February 15th, 2020, repeats every week on Saturday until Saturday, May 23, 2020 @ 9:00 am – 11:30 am
- 13 Arrested In Connection With Series Of Shootings In Long Beach
- Santana Sailing Owner, Marc Hughston, Calls For Help Picking Up Mylar Balloons On Water
- Process Begins To Consider Rebuild Of Belmont Veterans Memorial Pier
- Letter Attacks Eighth District Councilman Al Austin As Insensitive To Women As Election Nears
- Hepatitis A Outbreak Reported At 555 Restaurant In Downtown Long Beach
- Long Beach's Safe Parking Lot For Homeless To Open This Month
- Severe Allergies Lead Shore Couple To Open Noble Bird
- Next Phase Of Bixby Park Renovation On Horizon
- Three Visions From Three Candidates For Eighth District City Council Seat
- Grunion Readers Join Press-Telegram To Determine Best In Long Beach